Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from your own blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells that are rich in growth and healing factors, which are then injected into the damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints, to promote natural tissue repair and accelerate healing across several specialties.
Overall, PRP is an especially safe treatment option with no risk of allergic reaction because it is autologous (your own) blood. However, anytime a needle is placed in the body, there is a risk of infection, bleeding, and nerve damage. Professionals at URCare have mastered administering platelet rich plasma making these risks a rare possibility.
Platelet rich plasma injections are most effective for the following conditions:
- Lumbar spine disc pain.
- Rotator cuff injuries, including partial-thickness.
- Shoulder pain and instability.
- Tennis and golfer's elbow.
- Hamstring and hip strains.
- Knee sprains and instability.
- Patellofemoral syndrome and patellar tendonitis.
- Ankle sprains.
- Achilles tendonitis & plantar fasciitis.
- Knee, hip, and other joint osteoarthritis.
- Nerve entrapment syndromes, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction and pain.
- Lumbar and cervical facet dysfunction and pain.
- There are promising studies suggesting the benefits of platelet-rich plasma in the treatment of moderate knee osteoarthritis.
Studies also suggest platelet-rich plasma may be more beneficial than steroid therapy to manage pain for patients with chronic muscle & tendon injuries.